Regional, national and European situation in the field of below topics is analysed:
- Education of the students with a migrant background,
- Teacher training for intercultural classrooms,
- Diversity Management in the classroom,
- Special Language Support / Parent Involvement / Mentoring
Partners are aware of each other’s strengths and needs. In this stage, the project, therefore, focuses on creating a clear image of the status quo in the partner countries.
To work on elaborately, this analysis has two main parts;
- In the field of Teacher Training: Multilingualism / Multiculturalism / Diversity Management
- Good practices /methods and pedagogy for immigrants inclusion and success at school (special language support, parent involvement, mentorship)
Pilot school partners apply questionnaires and indicate the needs/situation/expectations of three main groups at pilot/partner schools. Each project partner researches the topics locally, regionally and in the national level and information is collected from all participating countries about the situation of teacher training for intercultural classrooms in view of multilingualism/multiculturalism and diversity management in the classroom.
All collected data is sent to Salamanca University that is responsible for collecting, analysing and evaluating it.
Once the data is collected from all partners, and evaluated by Salamanca University, Salamanca University presents it within the Strategic Partnership and eventually creates a concrete product.
Aim of the Analysis Report :
- to create a clear image of the status quo in the partner countries,
- to be aware of each others’ strengths and needs,
- to define what instruments can be identified best practises and how can these instruments be introduced in the different partner countries,
- to prepare a blueprint and create content for teacher training and Teachers’ guide book O2,
- to learn the situation locally at pilot/partner schools expectations /needs of the pilot schools’ students, parents and teachers,
- what is available in immigrant students education,
- how are immigrant students integrated and socially included,
- what is available for teacher training in view of intercultural education/multilingualism/diversity management/parent involvement /mentoring / language support
- are there networks for immigrant students’ teacher?
Need /Situation Analysis report (O1) is very crucial for the methodology of this project. Because the other two outputs and pieces of training get their content and concept from output 1. The report serves as a SWOT analysis of partners (countries) so that all partners know each other’s strengths and opportunities. According to this need and situation analysing report, Teacher training is shaped and prepared. After that, Output 2 Teachers’ guidebook and an online tool are created with the guidance and contribution of training. O1 is also closely related to O3 ”Student integration programme”. Situation/need analysis report basically involves good practises/methods from different countries in the field of immigrant students education.
The output aims at creating synergy within the strategic partnership, and further to find the regional and national actors that complement each other on a European level, and surely, this concrete study report will serve as OER, which is useful for teaching, learning, and assessing as well as for research purposes. Because it will be released under an open license (our website and teacher – online toolkit) that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution by others with no or limited restrictions.